Thursday, November 10, 2005

Heading back into the cold north

From the weather I've been enjoying, it appears I am in for a rude awakening upon my return to Morgantown. It is supposed to be down to 32 degrees tonight.

My period of fun in the sun is coming to an end. Amazingly in the middle of all of the class and conference time I've also been able to catch some waves read 5 books, and write three essays. Unfortunately I haven't been blogging as much.

My apologies.

It is interesting to note that blogging provides an opportunity for reflection and introspection. While I haven't blogged, my time floating on the waves also gave time for introspection, and I realized something. I have been missing out on that space. Even while on my rental board it took me a good two hours before I could really slow down and connect with the water. Sometimes everything just feels so rushed.

I do look forward to sabbath rest coming soon. It's important to slow down, and to connect with the would in which we find ourselves.

No comments: