Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Indian in Amsterdam



Indian in Amsterdam, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Zondag Avond (Sunday evening), I had an awesome privilege. I was able to speak to a church in Amsterdam. I dressed in my traditional Shawnee attire, and shared a Shawnee perspective on thanksgiving and the gospel. It struck me as a bit ironic.

You see, the first missionaries came from the netherlands to the native people of america with the gospel, and gave us hope by telling us of the Sacred Visitor.

And here I am going back to Amsterdam to tell them about the One they have forgotten--Jesus Christ.

It brings tears to my eyes to think that maybe somebody who I shared the gospel with Sunday night was a descendant of one of those first dutch pilgrims to leave from Leydn in the 1600s.

What a privilege to be the first Shawnee to speak at the zolder!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, you're making me cry too, only the One can make the ancient-future multicultural connectivity of the human race possible, the kingdom is deep, in Him we live and move and have our being

-brother ddub