Monday, November 21, 2005

Interesting Art



Interesting Art, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
This photo doesn't have the crispness I had hoped. I photographed a piece of art on display in a gallery in amsterdam Saturday night. At first I didn't see the skull, all I saw were the four quare images that made up the picture.

Of particular notice are the top two images that portray the september 11th world trade center attacks. In the lower right hand corner is the murder of Theo van Gogh (descendant of vincent van gogh). He made a film that gave a negative view of Islam, and he was murdered in broad daylight in the Dam square. He was stabbed in the chest with a note.

The lower left corner, I am not sure about. but I felt like it was a very intriguing piece of art that you might reflect on as our group did.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: