Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Spider



Spider, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I'm finally getting a handle on how to use the macro function on my camera. Yesterday, while out galavanting through the woods (and climbing) a small group of us came upon this spider (about a foot below this spider and web is an identical spider and web that I couldn't capture in the same photo).

I'm not sure what kind of spider this is, but it definitely looks cool.

It is amazing the complexity and intricacy that spiders weave into their webs. When I see the discipline of a spider in making this amazingly intricate and beautiful web, I am awestruck.

Something so small is capable of such intricacy, and I often feel that I am all thumbs when I attempt to be artistic.

Somehow though, we are all like this spider. We have such a capacity for creativity, and we rarely grasp it. We are so busy being productive that we miss out on virtually any opportunity to be creative.

Take some time today, and be creative. Write, paint, draw, even re-arrange your room or clean it. Slow down, and be an instrument for ushering beauty into the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I browsed all the way down your page. Cool pics; nice ones of Mom. She looks good. Thanks for sharing.
USAirways tix still $$$.

Anonymous said...

the spider is a garder spider if i am not mistaken. they weave really awesome webs with great detail to the middle of them. they have beautiful colors in yellow and green on their backs.