Sunday, June 25, 2006

Running



Running, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
So I started a new habit. After my showing in the Clarksburg 10K I decided to start back into running again. This picture itself is pretty funny. I think all of the people in the photo with me passed me right around the time the photo was taken. So the photo captures my agony of defeat.

But, it is a good motivator. I now know that I am not nearly in the condition I was in six years ago. So I took two days to recuperate from the damage done to my body and my pride. I have been out every day since. I have not been blazing any record pace. I have just been running. I have a long way to go.

It takes time to do this stuff. If I want to do it, it will take at least an hour of my day. With prep, actual running, stretching, and a shower it easily takes an hour. But it is good conversation time when I go with someone, and good meditation time when alone. It is an hour of changing gears for me (and a lower gear is always refreshing).

If you can make the time, it is a cool way to get stuff out of your head, or into your head, depending on the need.

No comments: