Monday, August 11, 2008

100 Pushups?




So I saw this link on my friend noel's blog, and I figured I would check out the site. When I was in high school, at one point I could do 100 pushups. But that was a long time ago. In the coming weeks, I plan to make some significant changes to my lifestyle in an effort to lose weight and become more physically fit. Currently, I weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. Beyond this, I'm definitely not in my peak physical condition.

I recently had a minor surgery, so I want to start out gently initially. Once I get the ok from my physician, I plan to turn up the intensity. Hopefully by sometime in October I will be able to do 100 push ups--and maybe I'll be able to run a decent 5K. What about you?

1 comment:

Meghan Baird said...

Yeah, I have an idea...you train for the 1/2 marathon with me. I don't know if reg is stil open,but if you at least train with me you'll get in shape...and I won't get mugged on the rail trail. win,win. About the push-ups, its on. I used to do regular push-ups all the time, but then I get manly biceps, just ask Melissa. So I'll do 100 on the stairs if you do the reg ones!