Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Please Pray




THis weekend a few of my friends went to an island on the cheat river to hang out and camp. Friday night a huge storm blew up and left my friends trapped. I don't really have words for what has happened, but I will try to explain.

One of the guys tried to ford the stream and was swept away by the current. He hasn't been seen since Friday. Search and rescue teams are looking for him. The waters are still too high for search to take place in the water. Teams have been scouring the banks since saturday afternoon.

Please pray for John Wesley 'Wes' Thompson. Pray for his family and friends. Pray that the Holy Spirit would comfort him and his family. Pray that the rescue teams would find him. Pray for the waters to subside in the Cheat River.

I'm sorry that I don't have more details, but here is an article from Saturday that was posted on a couple of news websiteshere and here.

Thanks for your prayers for John and his friends.

Addendum: I just found out that Wes's body was found monday evening where the cheat river flows into cheat lake. A tragedy has occurred, but we have confidence that as Wes was leaving this world, he was being swept into intimate fellowship with his Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Please continue to pray for family and friends as they mourn the loss of Wes. Especially pray for the handful of friends who were hanging out with him. I can't even imagine what they are going through, but I take solace in the fact that our God who is the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.

1 comment:

Alise said...

I'm so sorry I didn't see this until today. We will absolutely be praying for your friends.