Monday, August 11, 2008

JR and Christy



JR and Christy, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
It's taken me a while to get my bearings again, but I did take several photos during the last month, and subsequently have not been successful in blogging about those photos/sharing my life in that regard.

Hope you are well! I think I set a personal record with over 10000 miles of automobile travel between may and august. So much for my environmental plug (at least I did most of the miles in a hybrid, and many of the miles were with other people too!), but now more than ever I am ready to stay in one place for a wee while.

Earlier this summer, I was given the privilege of officiating a wedding. On July 5, 2008, my friends JR and Christy Pittman tied the knot. They are truly a wonderful couple, and I am tremendously thankful for their friendship and their commitment to keep Christ first in their lives.

If you don't know these two, you are missing out!!! I didn't really know their families well until the weekend of the wedding, but let me tell you something--they come from incredible families, and I am sure they will continue that tradition of good family upbringing for their own children.

God has given me the honor of being able to stand alongside some really great people in my life, and these are two of them. I can't wait to see what God does through their life together for Him!

No comments: