Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jeremy Camp Concert



Jeremy Camp Concert, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.

Last Friday night, I went to see Jeremy Camp in concert with around 2000 other people in Morgantown, WV at Chestnut Ridge Church. My dad, my sister, and my best friend and his family joined me for the merriment as well.

The concert was phenomenal on a number of levels. My sister was the one who was really enthusiastic about going, and I wasn't as excited initially. It wasn't that I don't appreciate the music, I just didn't know if a concert with a national Christian act would be just a concert, or a night of Christian music, or a time of worship, or what.

I was greatly enthused by what I heard and experienced. Much of the evening I was crying as I sang along with the rest of the audience. God was taking this time that I had dedicated to a concert to both minister to my heart and to allow me an opportunity to more deeply worship and appreciate Him.

If you ever get a chance to see this guy in concert, I highly recommend it. Through song, scripture, and personal testimony, he really ministered to my life, and encouraged me in my walk with Jesus.

One of the last songs he sang is called My Desire. The chorus of the song states This is my desire, this is my return, this is my desire, to be used by You.

It's a great song to sing, and a great statement of faith. As I sang along with him, I found myself really wrestling with the statement. Jeremy also shared how he wrestles with some of the statements in his songs. Deep down we want to be used by God, but sometimes our selfish tendencies get in the way. Sometimes I think we want to be used by God, but we just don't give consideration to what that would look like.

So I submit it to you, and I would love to read your comments. You can be both general and specific. What does it look like in general to be used by Jesus? . . .and what does it look like for YOU specifically to be used by Jesus? How do you make yourself available on the job, at school, in the house, in the neighborhood to be used by Jesus?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'My Desire' is my favorite song of Jeremy Camp's. The lyrics of the song that hit home with me are:

All my life I have seen
Where You've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen

There's not much I can do to repay all You've done
So I give my hands to use

It really sets me back and reminds me that God has truly blessed my life, yet I am so undeserving. And, furthermore, there is much more to come and I am so excited to see how he can use me. My TRUE desire is to be used by Him, to be His hands and feet, to dance in His honor and for His glory. I've been captured by his love and set free by his grace.

Love and God Bless!
Meg