Monday, January 23, 2006

Sunset from the Backporch



Sunset from the Backporch, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
One of my favorite parts of my place in Morgantown is the view. I get to see some of the most beautiful winter sunsets from my deck.

It's pretty cool to take some time, slow down, and enjoy a sunset. Sometimes the most amazing sights are going on just outside our house, and we just get so busy that they pass us by.

Many of us drive long distances to enjoy a beautiful sunset, or sunrise, or a misty morning fog. These are a regular part of my life here in Morgantown that I tend to take for granted.

Every time I return from travel, these hills seem to embrace me upon my return.

No wonder West Virginia is considered "Almost Heaven."

Be sure to take some time and enjoy beauty with which God has surrounded you.

1 comment:

nic said...

I miss the old view myself. Not a bad place to live if you dont mind the smell or the curse. Well more so the curse of forgetting stuff as you leave. That is a real pain. Hope you warned Andrew. See you in a few weeks bro. Much love