Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knowing Your Limits

I've really been having this point driven home to me lately. I am limited. I am a finite being. There is only so much I can accomplish in a given day. This is reality.

I'm not complaining. I am simply acknowledging. I have limits.

i set big goals for myself. Somebody once told me that we tend to overestimate what we can accomplish in a year, and and underestimate what we can accomplish in five years.

I tend to overestimate what I can accomplish in a day. It's nearly 4PM, and I've been at it for most of the day. In 2.5 hours, I will have a meeting that will take me to 9-10PM. My day will be nearly over.

I was able to see many good things come to fruition today, but I didn't get done with everything I had hoped.

I like the fact that I am being confronted with this truth--I've been talking with a group of people about stewardship of time. Here I am feeling the weight of that stewardship in my own life.

what about you? Has the new year exposed your limitedness? How are you prioritizing to "make the most of your time because the days are evil?"

It's a challenge we all face, and it is helping shape us into who we were meant to be.

No comments: