Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Siblings



Siblings, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She began the conversion to the world of Apple with the acquisition of an ipod nano--I'm so excited for her!

Yesterday was also the day my brother had to catch a flight to the west coast.

The three of us had an awesome day together, and I think we ended up arriving at our destination around the same time. Chuck called me just as I was dropping becky and her husband off at their house.

You know, this last year has afforded the three of us more time together than we have experienced since my brother graduated college. It's been a wonderful time, and it gives me a greater and greater appreciation of my siblings, their talents, and their love.

It feels kind of weird today as we are slowly going back to our "normal" routine. The whole past week seems pretty surreal to be honest.

I already miss my brother, and my sister, well over the last few months I have been able to more fully appreciate what a wonderful lady she is. I'm honored to be her brother, and I find myself learning from her every time we're together.

To be honest, I revel in the moments I have with my siblings. It's a shame we aren't together more, but I think that's the way you are supposed to feel about people you love.

No comments: