Sunday, December 24, 2006

pink eye and quarantine



reflections in a pink eye, originally uploaded by I, Puzzled.
I didn't take this photo, but I can empathize with the dilemma of pink eye. I found out out that I have contracted pink eye, and right now I am in the process of treating this illness with an anti-biotic.

My internet access has been limited over the last few days, and so I haven't been able to write. Plus, I have felt like yuck!

Thursday I left Morgantown only to find out that I couldn't come to parkersburg for an additional 24 hours, or I would put my mom at risk exposing her to pink eye.

So I drove to Pittsburgh to do some Christmas shopping, and then I drove to wheeling to visit some friends, including Brett Cain. I would put a link to his website in this blog, but it is under development right now.

So I drove back to Morgantown Thursday night, and left Morgantown Friday afternoon. I did some Christmas shopping in Pittsburgh again (different mall), and then proceeded down the road to Parkersburg.

Along the way, I started to feel sick. I think I might have gotten food poisoning. I decided to stay at my sisters because of the sickness. And then I ended up getting a fever (which broke around 4AM Saturday morning).

Right now, I am still under a limited quarantine, but I am feeling better, and I am looking forward to seeing my mom and dad on Christmas day.

It's been a difficult couple of days, but compared to many, my problems are insignificant.

I've been trying to figure out what God was trying to do in the middle of all of this. I haven't been sick like this for six or seven years. I think maybe God was wanting me to spend some time with my sister and brother-in-law. In spite of my illness, we had a great couple of days together.

In spite of our circumstances, we can be faithful that God causes all things to work for the good.

And even though I have pink eye, at least I am not as hairy as the rabbit in the picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. Pink eye is nasty...looks worse than the rabbits eye!
Walt and I walked by So.Zo...what's up with the remodel already?
as my friend Hans says....gezunheidt! I think I spelled it right.
Pam