Friday, December 29, 2006

Photos and Technology


Here is yet another video from Royksopp. Actually when I went to amsterdam the first time I picked up a CD of European house/lounge music, and this song was on it, and quickly became one of my favorites. It was also the song Apple used when you turned on a Mac with the Panther OS. In other words, when I received my mac, and turned it on for the first time, it was not only visually pleasing, but also it was music to my ears.

So this video really intrigues me. I like the way the images end up being continuous layers of photos. (I think HP did a commercial with a similar concept).

After I was introduced to the other Royksopp video, I thought I would search to see if eple was on you tube, and since it was, I figured I would share it with ya.

I am amazed at the illusions we can create through technology. Just when you think you are seeing a "real" image, it fades into the background and becomes a photo on the wall.

You could think about the whole thing as an illusion, but the more I think about it, I think of it a little differently.

Photo's capture an image of a larger story. The video demonstrates that the image is only an image, but it is a part of something larger. As the camera moves in the video, we are taken into a story that is larger than the photo's although it is an unfamiliar story. When we look at our own photo's we are immersed in a story far larger than the moment captured, and in those instances, it seems like we are more cognizant of it.

Just some random thoughts to coincide with a cool video and tune.

No comments: