Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sunset from Highland



Sunset from Highland, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Although I am rarely around to enjoy it, I have one of the best views in Morgantown when it comes to sunsets.

I started reading Hebrews last saturday. Ironically, I started reading the last chapter. There was so much good stuff in it that I hadn't noticed before that I decided that maybe I should read the whole book.

In particular, this verse stuck out to me the other day. "Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God." Hebrews 13.16 (ESV)

Well, I have this view, and I think that by sharing a picture of this view, I am making a tiny sacrifice of time and energy, but I think God wants more than that. I think God wants our hearts wrapped up in all He is, and when that happens, we won't be able to neglect doing good.

Right now I feel like there is a constant tug in many directions to do many good things, it is just a matter of balancing out what is best to do at any given moment.

There is so much goodness that the world needs to see, and so often I feel like I am leaving my sunsets under a basket instead of out for the world to see.

What are you neglecting to share or do that's causing your light of your life to be hidden?

No comments: