Thursday, October 19, 2006

distorted beauty

My friend Noel shared this on his blog, and I thought I would do the same. It's pretty provocative. I have a number of friends who have nearly killed themselves trying to be "beautiful". The video brings out the reality of how the media and advertising we are saturated with can distort our perceptions of what is real and true. I'm hurt deeply when I think of the disservice done by popular media to all people, but especially women. I get tears just thinking about my friends, and those who I may know as friends but who may be hiding eating disorders or other addictions while they get all of this body image distortion stuff shoved in their faces.

2 comments:

cameron king said...

Wow. That's pretty impressive. I love when art is used so effectively. Just a minute-long video, but I will be thinking about it for a long time.

Pam's Place said...

I agree with Cameron. That was amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Pam