Monday, September 11, 2006

Potluck thoughts


So I was thinking about this whole potluck thing. You know, I had no idea so many people had crock-pots. I think I might need to invest in one. There was so much good food at this thing--it was amazing. This summer I decided that I needed to learn to cook, but I have not mastered the art of the crock pot yet. I hear it makes cooking easier, but I just don't understand how it works.

Sometimes people just use them to heat stuff. Other times they actually cook the food in the crock pot. Why is it called a crock pot? I thought a crock was a bad thing, but then I ate some of the food people had cooked last night, and these crock pots aren't bad things at all. I just misunderstood them.

Sometimes I think a lot of our problems today come from just that problem. We misunderstand each other. if people just took time to listen to one another, our misunderstandings would be minimized.

And maybe we would find out that some people are more like crock pots, and less like crack pots. We might misunderstand them, but then we find out when we spend time around them that they really aren't all that bad.

No comments: