Monday, September 18, 2006

Sanctuary



Sanctuary, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
This week feels really full to me, but I read an amazing passage of scripture today. I have felt a little anxious and overwhelmed at times when I consider all that is happening this week. It was really refreshing to read the following words from Paul's letter to the Philippian Church. This passage is from "The Message" paraphrase.

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Philippians 4.6-7

What a great reminder, it is truly wonderful what happens when Christ is at the center of your life. Take some time to let Christ be the center in your life as you go through your day. When something else is the center, our lives feel out of rhythm; we struggle and strive. I hope this text can be a reminder to you of finding rhythm.

The picture is of one of the most beautiful churches I've had the privilege of visiting. I am pretty sure this is Sint Nicolaaskerk in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. (but some of my Nederlander friend's can correct me on that). I like the way the cross is central to the space. Everything in the room moves your eyes to the cross. This is where our suffering and God's victory meet and we see the beginnings of Shalom moving through the world.

May you experience God's peace today as you make Christ the center.

1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

Beautiful passage! Thanks for sharing will all. May the Lord bless you with peace during this stressful time. You are in the prayers of many and God hears them all! Isn't that SWEEEEEET?!
You're covered.
Hugs,
Pam