Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mom After a Week



Mom After a Week, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
My good friend Ryan Brown was heading to Parkersburg today, so he and I left Morgantown around 7AM this morning.

I didn't tell my mom I was going to be there, I wanted to surprise her. Well, she surprised me too. She was feeling the best she has since before her chemo. Her spirits were up, and she just looked full of life. When I wrote this, I was sitting in the living room with her. She was a little tired, but that didn't stop her from cooking some meatloaf for lunch.

We had some salad and breadsticks from Olive Garden (supplemented with fresh tomatoes from the garden), and home cooked meatloaf for lunch.

Mom is doing great, and I am so proud of her! She is still knitting, and crocheting, and most recently she has begun exploring making turbans, scarves, and wraps for people who lose their hair during chemotherapy.

To everyone who is praying, I want to thank you--it is making a difference, and God is using those prayers to sustain and carry us through this challenging time.

1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

So glad you're getting to spend some extra time with your mom. She so needs you now. Prayer is certainly powerful...we'll all be keeping it up and thanks for letting us see the answers. God blessed your mom with a great son.
Don't forget your dad...he's having a tough time too, though he may not show it.
Hugs,
Pam