Monday, August 28, 2006

Mourning Dove



Mourning Dove, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I was sitting on top of Dorsey's Knob and I had just gotten off the phone with my best friend on the planet, Willie, and I saw this bird fly by me. It landed in a tree about five feet away.

It was a mourning dove. I don't know a lot about mourning doves except that they are also called raincrows. That was my old chief's name.

I don't know if you believe in such things, but I kind of felt like God might have sent that bird to me to let me know that I'm not alone and that everything is going to be alright.

That little bird was such a comfort to me that afternoon. I can't really explain it, but when I left that hilltop, and I left that bird, I felt tender but comforted. It was beautiful.

No comments: