Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Beauty in Bloom



Beauty in Bloom, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I've been trying to learn how to use the macro function on my camera, but I don't think it works all that well (or I am incompetent)!

It's kind of weird because I usually associate blooms with April and May, but on a walk through my neighborhood I saw this. I have no idea what the flower is, but it was really captivating.

My friend Cameron and I have been talking about this book we have been reading by N. T. Wright called "Simply Christian". Write says that our appreciation of beauty is an echo of the voice calling out to us from beyond, the true image of beauty. Have you ever noticed how a picture, with all of it's technology and image capture abilty, can never seem to capture the majesty or beauty that we experience all around. I noticed this first after a trip to the grand canyon. My photo's were lame compared to what I experienced.

More than photo's though, maybe our heartbeat should be similar to the Navajo beautyway prayer, then maybe we would appreciate the beauty in bloom all around us.

No comments: