Friday, October 31, 2008

Cameron's Costume Party



Cameron's Costume Party, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
So my last few blog entries have been a little more serious. Just in case you were wondering--I still have some fun.

Every year, my buddy Cameron throws a costume/birthday party at his house. And this year was probably the biggest one yet.

After our creative expression time, a number of us made a pigrimmage to the King's place on park st in Morgantown.

The guy on my right is Andrew Hitchcock (behind him, sneaking into the picture is nikki etris). Andrew and I used to be roommates, and unbeknownst to us, we had put together costumes that worked well together.

He was the world's largest leprechaun, and I was a blond rendition of the King of Ireland, Bono.

The party was a lot of fun and featured events like a limbo line and guessing the number of candy corns in a jar. Of course there were also many theme oriented jokes that made the evening even more fun.

For instance, Andrew was constantly looking for the gold that had disappeared from his pot, and I was constantly belting into song and talking to people about making a difference in our world (ok mine was a little more me just being me and had very little to do with my costume). The only theme oriented part for me was that all of my songs were u2 songs. (Many of them had a haunting eddy vedder or scott stapp feel to them tho.) ;)

Regardless, last night was a great time with some truly great people, and it was awesome to celebrate Cameron's birthday with him in such a fun and unique way.

No comments: