Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tagged



Tagged, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
So I guess there's a new trend of "tagging" blogs. I was tagged by three of my friends (at least, I'm just discovering this because I had a little time to catch up on a few of their blogs.

So here are the rules.
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

Here's my attempt.

1) I had cereal with fresh blueberries and yogurt mixed in it after running at 630AM with my friends Joel and Ricky.

2) I've been packing my lunch and eating smaller portions of food when I do eat out for the last three weeks. I recommend you try the same thing. Portions are too big when we eat out anyway.

3) I use facebook to stay connected to people who I haven't seen for a while (and some I see regularly). I even saw a junior high math teacher on it--you should sign up!

4) I used to sing the national anthem (with a group of three other guys) at WVU basketball and baseball games during my undergrad. I even auditioned for the University Chorus my freshman year and was accepted--I just couldn't fit it into my Engineering class schedule. And now, I neither sing or work in engineering. How bout that for random?

5) I used to test dope for a living. (legally!) I was once an analytical chemist for the world's largest generic drug manufacturer, Mylan Pharmaceuticals. Each day I would test several (sometimes over 100) samples purity, consistency, potency and a few other measures. Mad scientist? That's me I guess.

6) I like eating Act II Butter Lovers microwave popcorn with my dad. It's a little tradition we've had for years. Any time I'm back home, at the end of the evening he'll microwave a bag as a late night snack and we'll split it.

So now I've gotta tag 6 other people. So here they are. Even if they don't do the tag, I'm gonna include a link to their blogs, because I think they are pretty interesting reads.

1. JR Woodward JR is a writer and very active blogger who leads a faith community in Hollywood, CA.
2. Noel HeikkinenNoel has one of the most active blogs of anyone I know. You can always count on interesting images, videos, sounds, etc. to be coming from this blog.
3. Michaelanne Harriman Michaelanne works in North Philadelphia teaching young children art and encouraging them to use their creative talents.
4. Todd Watkins Todd's a friend who I met while serving on a mission trip in Amsterdam--he's a pastor of a church there.
5. Becca Ward She's from Tennesee, but lives in Morgantown and is working on her PhD in cancer biology.
6. Eric Asp Eric is also a pastor in our sister church in Amsterdam--I think he should consider writing a book.

Actually, I think any of these folks could write a quality book, if they did, I would read it, and I'd encourage my friends (like you) to do the same!

Enjoy reading!

4 comments:

Todd said...

Thanks for the link Billy!

Anonymous said...

Did it, Billy: http://www.ericasp.com/blog.php/2008/09/09/randomnicity

Fun stuff.

Noel Heikkinen said...

Kinda did it.

Janine said...

Love the randomness!!!!! ;) It is fun huh?! Like you need a reason to be random....How about my word to make this post is "furofite" ;) hahahahahaaaaa