Monday, June 16, 2008

Snow's Cut Park



Snow's Cut Park, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I took this photo during my first week in Carolina Beach. Each week, we've spent a part of a day there having extended time with God. This cut off of the Cape Fear River is what separates Pleasure Island from the mainland.

Speaking of mainland, I'm back on the mainland again. I made the long drive to Parkersburg, WV so I could spend Father's Day with my dad, my sister, and my best friend, Willie and his family. Being in NC prevented me from being with my dad and sister on their birthdays, but we were all able to celebrate with a trip to the Texas Roadhouse with the Kerr's yesterday.

Today, I've spent the day getting reacquainted with the weather here, and simply recovering from the long drive. I was also able to visit with a few friends and relatives and share with them a little bit of what God has been doing in my life.

It kind of stinks to have left my friends in Wilmington so soon. Although I was only there for 3 weeks, they were three very rewarding and fulfilling weeks. One of my greatest passions is sharing with people who are passionate about following Jesus and learning how to walk with Him, and I had three weeks of doing just that!!! I am looking forward to being with those folks again real soon--I should be returning in Mid-July to help wrap up the program, and more importantly, to hear where God took these 31 students on their summer long journey to know Him better!

No comments: