Monday, January 22, 2007

Cabin in the Hills



Cabin in the Hills, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
For the last few years, my dad and I have talked about how great it would be to have a cabin to get away to in the mountains. My brother in law, was also interested in the idea. When I say cabin, put away all thoughts of some fancy log cabin with a really romantic fireplace. I'm talking about an old camper with a roof built over it and a porch.

It's near Elkins WV in the middle of the Monongahela National Forest. It would be a place in the mountains for family and friends to retreat to, to go fishing, to go hunting, or to just get away from life in town.

It looks like this dream is soon to become reality. So who is up for a fishing trip? Or, who just wants to get away and chill for a weekend? By the way, when I say chill, I should also say that we would have to bring an electric heater with us, especially in this weather.

I am so excited for this little opportunity for family and friends. Looking forward to hanging out there in the future!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike is soooo jealous! I'm sure if you need company, he'll go with you. That's his absolute favorite place to go and play with all the mountains and trails etc. When I used to live in Elkins, I didn't take full advantage of what it had. Congrats on the get-away cabin!
Pam

Curt Fowler said...

brother i would LOVE to come hangout with you. nothing like a weekend to just relax, read, connect with brothers, God, and the nature He created!
i didn't know that u hunted....but i would love to come hunt there (if there is enough property to do so) and i would def. love to fish. unfortunately i live across the entire country. i regret not spending more time with you doing stuff like camping, climbing, etc. when i was there. i miss you friend. tell aaron, adam, cam, and the folk i miss 'em!