Monday, July 10, 2006

Fire



Fire, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Well, i don't have a chimineya anymore thanks to somebody driving through my yard and destroying it. So, in order to burn anything I have to wait until 4PM and burn it on the open ground.

So this fire is the reduction of a bunch of prunings. The branches were gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. They were dead. Lifeless. They were not bearing fruit.

My yard looks somewhat transformed. Probably nobody would notice other than me, but the fact that I notice means something. It means that all of that hard work has some tangible result.

When our branches don't bear fruit, they are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. I don't like the thought of anything I do being burned up. I don't like the thought that there are things in my life that need pruning. I don't like the thought that I have decaying, dead, and rotting branches.

But at the same time, it is good to have someone go through and remove them. Are there branches in your life God needs to prepare for fire. Will you submit to the gardener and let Him do the difficult but necessary work?

No comments: