Monday, July 24, 2006

choke cherries



choke cherries, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I thought these cherries looked interesting, so I took a picture of them. At first I wasn't sure that I had accurately identified the choke cherry, but then I nibbled on one, much to the dismay of my friends who thought I might be poisoning myself.

I'm still alive, and the edible yet bitter taste of the choke cherry is just a memory now.

Sometimes life seems similar to a bowl of choke cherries--edible, but bitter.

How do you respond to those difficult times, do they make you bitter, or do you emanate a sweetness that overpowers the bitterness?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is NOT a chokecherry.... it may be autumn olive, but i can't tell from the pictures. Chokecherries have BLACK berries in HANGING CLUSTERS called RACEMES. The leaves are TOOTHED, and fruits are SMALL. Anyways, you're alive, so I guess it doesn't matter :)