Saturday, June 04, 2005

Learning to Fly



Flight 101, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Sure, I know you're probably thinking this is going to be some spiritual message about God and soaring to the heights with the Spirit (which I highly recommend).

But this is a little different. I flew a plane today. Let me state that again...I FLEW A PLANE TODAY!!! I went to New Smyrna Beach with some of the staff down here at LT, and one of the staffer's has a relative who has a plane. I spent the afternoon learning a ton about flying, and then we went up for a cruise around the coast. It was freakin' awesome!

As far as new adventures go, my sabbaths the past two weeks have really rocked. Last week I learned to surf. This week I learned to fly. I don't know what is in store for next week, but I can't wait.

I wasn't doing anything really fancy, but I flew for a while, and did a couple of turns and ascensions/decensions. It was a really awesome day!

I now have two new hobbies as a result of my summer at LT.

No comments: