Monday, July 24, 2006

Rhododendron Bloom



Rhododendron Bloom, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I went for a hike through Cathedral State Park last Sunday and saw this beautiful bloom. I am still trying to figure out how the macro works on my camera, but this seemed to come out really well.

The Rhododendron is the state flower of West Virginia, and gives a great dose of appalachian beauty.

Where do you find beauty in your world?

The Navajo have an interesting prayer about beauty called the beauty way prayer. I think it is a good reminder to both see beauty and be beauty. Enjoy it

In beauty may I walk.
All day long may I walk.
Through the returning seasons may I walk.
On the trail marked with pollen may I walk.
With grasshoppers about my feet may I walk.
With dew about my feet may I walk.
With beauty may I walk.
With beauty before me, may I walk.
With beauty behind me, may I walk.
With beauty above me, may I walk.
With beauty below me, may I walk.
With beauty all around me, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, lively, may I walk.
In old age wandering on a trail of beauty, living again, may I walk.
It is finished in beauty.
It is finished in beauty.

No comments: