Monday, July 10, 2006

Pruning



Pruning, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
So yesterday at h2o we were talking about the place in the gospels where Jesus says He is the true vine. I got a little convicted by the whole idea of pruning, because I really need to prune all of the trees at my house. So today I started working on it.

I cut my grass, and then started pruning a couple of trees. I started by cutting some low branches out of an oak tree, and then I proceeded to work on a hawthorne tree. They have two to three inch thorns that stick out of the branches. One ran through my shoe and about a quarter inch into my foot. I have two huge piles of brush from the day's work. And I have lots more to do. But for now, I have made some progress. I think I am going to pile the wood up into a heap and burn it tonight.

Whatever does not bear fruit is cut off and thrown into the fire. So I am going to toss this stuff into a fire.

The Hawthorne tree is looking pretty cool. Actually, my yard looks really cool as a result of the work. But there is lot's more to go.

Isn't that the way life is--just when you think you are catching up, more comes along!

Is there anything in your life that needs pruned right now?

No comments: