Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Pirates the second time around

I went to see the movie again with my buddies ryan and ryan, and my newly made friend E-bo. It was fascinating. I watched the original movie two nights ago, so many images were still fresh in my mind. After watching this one a second time I saw a number of themes and bits of foreshadowing that I missed the first time around. It's funny because many viewers miss all of the signs that point to something a little deeper than the surface of the story.

I am not going to share those with you though--go see the movie yourself! I am anxiously awaiting the third episode though.

Isn't it interesting that we have a little foreshadowing in our lives too? I mean, we get to experience beauty and community here and now. But we don't experience them fully. We get to experience awe and wonder right now, but just as an echo. But the foreshadowing in our story points to something even more epic than we could imagine.

Are you looking at the foreshadowing of what is to come in eager anticipation, or are you missing out on all the signs and living along the surface of the most compelling and deep story ever written?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

thrice now you've fallen in with unsavory pirates, everytime ive been with you.