Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bread



Bread, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Last night I was feeling a little bit tired. i was hungry, but I didn't want to leave to grab something to eat. I noticed that I had about six cups of flour in my cupboard, and so I thought maybe some fresh baked bread would hit the spot.

So last night I baked bread. I've been trying to learn something about cooking/baking lately. It has been a cool journey thus far. Almost every people in the world (except those adkins diet people) eat bread. Most of us don't know how to make it though. We just go to the grocery store, and it is magically there.

Have you ever thought about how bread is made? It is a pretty lengthy process. People would get up early in the morning to cook bread for lunch if they were lucky, but more than likely for supper. It takes several hours to bake bread. Thankfully we don't have to grind the flour, or that would significantly add to our prep time?

If you can, i challenge you to take some time and try your hand at baking bread. I think if we take the time to try some things like this, we get a deeper appreciation for our past, and for all of the little things we take for granted.

Hope you enjoy it!

No comments: