Monday, June 19, 2006

Ohiopyle



Ohiopyle, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I guess there has been an Ohio theme in my travels and pictures lately. This picture of Ohiopyle is in Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania.

Friday afternoon, I made a 45 minute drive here with my dad, mom, sister, and brother-in-law and then went on a 22 mile bike ride.

The trail was flat, so it wasn't too bad, and I purchased some shorts designed specifically for making the journey a little softer.

My camera battery died before the ride started, but I still managed to get this shot of the Youghiogaheny River just above the falls. I have many fond memories of the youghiogaheny. This will be yet another.

What are the special rivers/ scenic places in your area you enjoy visiting?

2 comments:

nic said...

2 years a roommate and a friend even longer and now you go to my old stomping grounds. Hope you enjoyed it as much as i have. maybe sometime you could take a group up there to ride the natural waterslides. They are always a blast

nic said...

roommates for 2 years friends for longer and now you go to my back yard stomping ground what the hey. Hope you enjoyed it as much as i have. A wonderful place maybe you could take a group up to the natural waterslides sometime it is always a blast