Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Recent Movies

The last couple of nights I have gone to see movies with some of the LT'ers here in Orlando. I saw batman begins Sunday night, and thought it was great. There was a powerful theme of combatting injustice, and that seems to be a theme I've been thinking about more and more lately.

He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

This theme of injustice was repeated in last night's film--The Longest Yard. It's a comedy featuring Adam Sandler. While I appreciated the theme of fighting injustice, I did not appreciate much of the humor (don't get me wrong there were moments). It seems like humor in films is moving more and more toward the crass, the coarse, and the filthy. Maybe it has always been this way, and I just never noticed, but I found myself a little disappointed in the film none-the-less.

With injustice being a common one in the films of the summer, what are some ways we might be able to jump into this aspect of God's story and be obedient to the verse in Micah in the place where we live?

No comments: