Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Father's Instruction



Father's Instruction, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
For as long as I can remember, my dad has been sharing insights with me and my siblings. He and my mom have shared a lot of wisdom over the years, and to my shame I have not always been a good listener.

I just started reading the book of Proverbs this weekend. The book starts out with a little exhortation. "Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching," The book of proverbs is meant to be words of wisdom passed from fathers to children.

Often we ignore wise counsel when it is presented to us. Sometimes my parents have been wrong about things, but regardless, we do have book full of warnings and words of wisdom that equip us to fully enjoy life abundantly.

Shamefully, we miss out on the treasure of good counsel from our Creator. Shamefully, we often ignore the wisdom that many counselors bring us when making decisions. It doesn't have to be this way. At any moment, we can commence listening and following wise counsel, or we can stop.

What are you doing right now?

No comments: