Friday, November 10, 2006

Famiy Fun



Famiy Fun, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I took this shot two or three weeks ago while walking with my dad, brother-in-law, and sister in Parkersburg. There is this place called fort boreman park that we started going to this summer. I can't help but think that people have been going to this place for a long time. It has a great view of the Ohio River ande Blennerhassett Island. My dad and I go there almost every time I make it home now.

I like this picture because it reminds of me of simple good things like family and good stories. Things we tend to take for granted in a world that is constantly telling us that we need more things to be happy.

I haven't been able to blog much this week because of limited internet access, but I've had so much to think about, write about, and reflect upon. I've been on the road for about 1500 miles this week, and it seems like I have had a lot of time to reflect, pray, and enjoy solitude and silence.

I think many times our world and life is so fast paced that we rarely take time to enjoy what is happening around us. We rarely find ourselves in a place to reflect. It's a bit ironic, but it seems like it's largely when my life is travelling at 65-70mph that it feels like things slow down a bit for me.

How do you slow down to enjoy life and laughter in a fast-paced world?

No comments: