Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Abigail Ryan Cogar



Abigail Ryan Cogar, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Wow!

I just met the most beautiful little girl the other day. I was able to see my old roommate's little 2 month old daughter for the first time. In the picture, you can see her posing on a blanket that my mother crocheted specifically for her.

As a single guy, I've tended to avoid a lot of interaction with wee children (as most single guys do). Partly because of the awkward way people look at you. Partly out of a reverent fear and awe of something so miraculous and beautiful.

Now, as a result of some work God has been doing in me, I don't want to miss out on fully appreciating little miracles like Abigail. When I visited, I held her. I danced with her. I sang to her. I talked to her. Children are so beautiful, and so delicate. I am so glad I am able to enjoy this wonderful gift from God.

If you are a person who avoids children, you are definitely missing out. It's cool to think that we as the people of God all share in the care for one another--including the infants and children of our communities.

Take some time and care for the infants and young people in your community. They represent the future of God's world.

No comments: