Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sala Thai Restaurant Bethesda


Before leaving the greater Washington DC area last week, I made one final stop. The location was a Thai restaurant called Sala Thai. I was first introduced to this restaurant (and Thai food in general) by the former principal chief of my tribe, Chief Joseph Raincrow. The year was 1996, and at that time it was called Thai Place. It's undergone multiple name changes over the years, but it's always served really high quality and affordable food.

My personal favorites are their Tom Kha Gai (Coconut Soup) and Chicken Pad Thai. I have many vivid memories of ordering take-out and taking it back to my Chief's house for a meal together, but the restaurant space is pretty incredible too. They actually have live music on some nights, so it makes for a great space to go and enjoy music and food.

If you ever find yourself in Bethesda, Maryland I highly recommend stopping by Sala Thai and giving it a try.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I LOVE Thai food. Scott & I go to D.C. often (thanks to his job with Uncle Sam). I usually eat at Haad Thai at the corner of 11th and NY Avenue downtown or Neisha Thai at Tyson's Corner.