Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Survivor



Survivor, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
That's my sister.
She's a Shawnee Indian.
She's beautiful.
She rocks my world!
She is a cancer survivor.

This year, my sister chose to be captain of our relay for life team. She coordinated everything. She raised funds, and got our camp site together. She helped keep us all together and kept us up to date on what was going on during the weekend.

She found out she had melanoma less than a month after my mom went to be with Jesus, and everything looks good in her world right now. No cancer, but she is being careful.

My sister is such an awesome woman. My brother-in-law really got a catch. I am so grateful for her, and it is so cool to see how god she is at being organized and administratively smart--not my forté at all.

She did an amazing job coordinating our team this year, and she did all kinds of little above and beyond type things. When we got to the site there was a poster honoring Mom there. She had pins made with photos of each of us with Mom on them. I don't think of those touches--Becky does.

One of the reasons why I'm so glad we had a large group from Morgantown come is because she doesn't make it up this way often. I want as many people as possible to see how incredible she is, and my friends who were at relay got a chance to see just a glimpse of that.

She's a survivor, she's my sister, and she's an amazing lady. I'm so proud of her efforts to coordinate our team.

No comments: