Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mom Before Her Second Dose of the New Chemo


i've been meaning to blog this photo for quite a while. I took it at around 6.30AM on January 3. People have been asking me how Mom has been doing. Well, here she is.

She's had her second dose of chemo since this picture, and she has been suffering from a cough for nearly two months. Although she has had some great reports in terms of her cancer, she still needs a lot of prayer. We aren't sure where the cough is coming from, but I heard it for the first time the morning I left. (Coughs are always worse in the morning). She just started taking an antibiotic this week for the cough, and it seems to be working.

There have been some questions about her heart in recent weeks too. Anyone who knows her, knows that her heart is one of the biggest and strongest ones out there. She's a compassionate and caring lady. Nobody questions that. The concern is that the chemo medicine may be doing physical damage to her heart muscle. Please pray that this is not the case, and that her emotionally strong heart is also a physically strong one. She had a stress test today to check out her heart, but I don't know the results yet.

Please keep her in your prayers, and thanks for being faithful in prayer this far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..

Your mom is so great.. she is indeed a very strong woman. And still smiling, I'm glad to see!

Send her my best for a speedy recovery.

Beth said...

I will be praying. I know a bit about being sick for long periods of times, but nothing life threatening. She is very brave!