Saturday, January 03, 2009

Crazy Times



The above photo was taken by Patrick Baz, and was featured in this New York Times article.

I saw someone's status on facebook and it said, "oh wow. israel is sending in ground troops." That little blurb caused me to do a google search on israel, and this article was the most recent piece of news that showed up.

Thousands of years have passed, and peace seems as far away as it probably seemed to Ishmael and Isaac or Jacob and Esau. It's easy to lose touch with the reality of what is happening in our world.

As I think about 2009, and blog for my first time this year, I am hopeful that this year will find us all a little more aware of the events transpiring around the world. In a time when it feels like we are becoming increasingly self absorbed I hope that we will do more than be onlookers in this world that desperately needs to see signs of the Messiah.

I don't know what to make of disputes like the one over Gaza between Israelis and Hamas. I know there are many who are suffering as a result of this age old dispute.

There are many suffering in our world today. One of my new year's resolutions is to do something about the suffering in the world. I know that my Messiah cares about this suffering, and He longs for His people to tkae action in a tangible way.

While I may not be able to solve the Israeli Palestinian conflict, I will be able to make a tangible difference in this world if I am mindful of this simple truth.

God has given me the ability to make a difference in this world. He has done the same for you.

Let's make 2009 the year of making our lives count for the sake of others and for the glory of the King.

No comments: