Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Thaitownbuddha



Thaitownbuddha, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
I was thinking about a recent message I did at h2o about worship and saw evidence of it. One doesn't have to look far to find evidence. We were made to worship, and whatever it is we worship, we dedicate our lives to it. I am in a small neighborhood called Thai town. My friend Nic would love it! There's a place to buy coconut soup on every corner. This morning I walked by a Buddha shrine about a block away from where I'm staying right now in Hollywood. It was early in the morning, and there were already many offerings left at this shrine. It is interesting because this act of worship is extremely visible whereas other things worshipped are not so readily visible. We give our lives to what we worship. What do you worship? Do people around you know what you worship? If someone asked them, what would they say?

No comments: