Monday, February 08, 2010

Lookin Out My Back Door



This past weekend (as many of you know), Morgantown received a heap of snow. I have heard a varied range for total accumulations, but I feel like 16" is a safe bet. Before the initial snowfall, there were several hours of rain and sleet that became a layer of ice in the early evening hours Friday night. While the snow covered the ground and seemed to cleanse the area with a mat of soft quiet white wonder, it also did a fair share of damage.

Much of the region was without power over the weekend, and some locales will not have electricity until this coming Friday at the earliest. At the house, we only experienced a cable outage for the weekend, but it came back in time for the superbowl. Oh, and the internet was out until this afternoon as well (so I'm writing this blog from Starbucks).

The snow shut down most of town, and the University is going to re-open tomorrow at 6AM. Interestingly, while I was writing this blog, I heard reports of an additional 5-9 inches of snow are to be expected tomorrow, and snow is in the forecast every day for the next ten days . . .

Hope you like the photo, and and I hope you are staying warm wherever you are!

3 comments:

Michaelanne said...

26.7 inches in Philadelphia and 12 more forecasted for tomorrow! shocking. (and i love it...)

Unknown said...

wow. I wonder what y'all have now!

BrotherChuck said...

:( I can't compete... Just a few inches here in Anaheim, CA... all clear liquid vs the white fluffy stuff. Several feet in the mtns, though (Wrightwood 6-8 ft, Mammoth 8.5-13ft). Stay safe. God bless.