Saturday, November 15, 2008

Anaheim Hills Fire



The above photo was taken by Mark Boster for the Los Angeles Times.

Another round of fires has hit Southern California, and this one is close to home. Well, it's close to my brother's home. Right now my brother and his family are packed up and waiting for word from Emergency Services as to whether or not they will need to evacuate their home.

I ask you to pray for my brother and his family as well as for the many families who have already lost their homes. Right now the fire is three miles from my brother's house. They are praying that the winds would be minimal and help to contain the fire. They are waiting and watching.

If you want to read more about the fires, here's a recent LA Times article (approximately 4 hours old at the time of this post).

Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

UnderEaglesWings said...

Hey Billy, I'll definitely be praying for you and your family. I know how it is having family close to wildfires on evacuation notice. I've got a lot of family in the San Diego area. Last year I was worried sick about them because the fires were mere blocks away at one point. Anyway, let me know if anything comes up!