Monday, April 09, 2007

Morgantown at Dusk



Morgantown at Night, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Well it's been a whle since I've posted a picture of the lovely sunset view from my house, so I figured I would throw one up here. I am looking forward to sitting out on the deck in future weeks with friends and roommates and enjoying the wonderful springtime morgantown weather. Unfortunately, lately the weather has been less than spectacular. I thought spring was here, but unstead it has been freezing for the last week or so, and beyond that, there hasn't been any snow to play in. (I mean, if I could go snowboarding, I could maybe deal with the cold).

But in spite of the recent bout with bad weather--that has also helped me gain some kind of sinus flare up too--Morgantown is still a great place to live.

In fact, I just found out we were named one of twelve "distinctive places to live." I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I guess it's kind of cool. If you want to know more about this recent award, you can read more here.

Tomorrow, I leave Morgantown and will be celebrating the marriage of my long-time friend Dave Nancarrow, and his wife LaVila. I'm looking forward to the small celebration, and I'm also kind of excited about enjoying a little sunny Florida. They're getting married in Fort Myers, and from what I've been reading, the weather is phenomenal there right now!!!!

Even though it is the gulf coast, and I won't be able to surf, I still think it will be cool to take a little dip in the tranquil waters while I'm there too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florida?! Will you be coming to "the office" to see us?!

Unknown said...

unfortunately, I will just be going down for the wedding, connecting with a small group of folks there, and then traveling back to WV the next day--otherwise I would totally love to see y'all!