Thursday, February 15, 2007

White House



White House, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
Monday, I traveled to DC to participate in a recently developed tradition of watching the WVU Georgetown game with a number of friends and passionate WVU fans. (No comment on the game, except to say that I would love to have John Beilein for a coach--he's a class act, an advocate, and he's willing to step up to defend his players).

Another tradition I have is walking around the city a bit anytime I take a metro into the city. It was a bit colder monday than I would have liked, but it was still great to walk around. I even had an opportunity to visit a Starbucks that I usually go to with my friends--it's in the old firehouse, and I think I first went to that one with our Amsterdam mission team from 2003.

I walked to 1600 pennsylvania avenue while I was there, and I snapped this picture. Of course it's a familiar sight, and I as I stood there, I thought about the weight of responsibility carried by the folks who have lived there over the years. What a powerful office, and what an immense responsibility.

The city is all a buzz with the scooter libby trial, and interestingly as the linked article alludes, bloggers are playing a role in covering the trial.

It's exciting to see this wave of technology begin to catch on. It's exciting to see how much it is being used, and how it can help shape and inform our world. I guess bloggers all over the world share a tremendous responsibility and a powerful office as well.

Come to think of it, we all bear a responsibility and a powerful office as people made in the image of God. We're supposed to reflect something of who He is to one another. Sometimes, I wonder how we are doing with that . . . how are you doing with that?

No comments: