Monday, February 06, 2006

Invisible Children

I just watched the movie Invisible Children this evening for the first time. My friend Dave Williams down at Virginia Tech told me about the movie last summer. Our friend Todd Hiestand showed the movie somewhere in philadelphia.

It's pretty cool that news of this movie is spreading on the underground scene, and it is so impressive to see the wide variety of people who are getting into the mix. The guys who originally stumbled on this tragic story are planning to release a full length movie telling the story of the invisible children of Uganda in december.

The movie moved me to tears. I think this film is great for two reasons. I believe the three guys who stumbled into this tragedy are going to be used to put an end to the invisibility of the children in uganda. I also believe that the momentum gathering won't stop with Uganda. There are invisible children all over the world. We don't see them, we don't hear their stories. Stories of child soldiers. Stories of child prostitutes. Stories of child slaves.

The good earth needs healing--will we stop and do something. And if we stop and do something, what exactly do we do? So many causes to work toward--it's enough to make your head spin.

The only hope this world really has is the gospel. What would happen in this world if the people of the Way started living out the teachings of the Master? I pray that I might live to see more and more of us begin to walk in His steps, and to grow more like Him in our hearts and in our lives, but I know the truth is that it starts with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm really glad you came to see it.