Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Long week

After getting back from Amsterdam, I have had a lengthy battle with a URI, and it has really slowed my life down. Right now I am feeling way behind on a number of little projects including a final paper for my English class. Although I am feeling a bit behind, I am still hanging in there.

Here's a little something I think about from time to time on those rare occasions when I get sick. Maybe God is trying to encourage me to slow down. So, I've been making it a point to start my day off by slowing down. I an early time in the day thinking about what God may be doing in and around me. Rather than thinking through all of the things that I've got to try to do on a given day, I try to teach myself how to re-think. I reflect on my past day, and look for life lessons that may be in the midst. i also spend more time just listening.

While I do this process off and on with regularity, it seems like here lately it has been happening more and more. It has been a great way to start my day. I am not nearly as anxious as the day progresses, and it seems like I am more keenly aware of Kairos moments that flash on the radar.

2 comments:

cameron king said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cameron king said...

Sorry I deleted that last one, I'm just a perfectionist and I misspelled something. I just thought it was interesting, Billy, that your two posts on Tuesday were at 8:08 AM and 8:08 PM. Call me sometime about Sunday!