Monday, May 09, 2005

View from South Central



View from South Central, originally uploaded by chanchanchepon.
It's taken me a while to blog this, but last Friday, I took the metro from JR's in Hollywood to within 0.5 miles of my brother's Chevron refinery. It was a very eye opening trip. The metro brings people from all walks of life together, and also people from a multitude of nationalities. It only cost $3 for a day pass, and I think I may have been able to ride for much less. I'm surprised more people don't use this. While riding, I traveled right through one of the worst areas of LA. This photo was taken after traveling through San Pedro, Watts, Inglewood, and stopping just north of the Compton metro stop. The point I took this picture from seemed like it was in a straight line from where I came from in Hollywood. How different life can be for people living only a few miles apart?

No comments: