Monday, November 05, 2012

Accelerated Physical Therapy




A couple of weeks ago, I was able to visit my friend Noah Campbell in Carmel, Indiana. Noah and I have known each other for about eight years, and we were actively involved in church together.  We also are fellow West Virginians and alumni of West Virginia University. Noah received a degree in Physical Therapy from WVU and was able to work for a pretty large firm in Indianapolis for a while.

Recently though, he changed companies, and not only that, he opened his own facility. He walks to work each day, and throughout each day he gets the privilege of helping patients get better and rehabilitiate quickly. He has worked with both professional and local community athletes, and he applies a level of care to his work that is remarkable.

It is not uncommon for him to visit with former patients at high school football games or other sporting events to cheer them on as they work to excel both on and off the field.

After visiting Noah’s facility and catching up with him a bit, I was blown away by what I saw. I saw my friend taking the skills he had acquired in college and throughout his career to move people forward in their rehab. I saw my friend employing his talents to serve others, and help make their lives better. I saw my friend building his career around the principles of doing the right thing and putting people first.

For me, it was utterly refreshing to see what my friend Noah was up to. Even more refreshing to me is the knowledge that it isn’t just his facility that is run in such a principled way, but this is a characteristic of Accelerated Physical Therapy as a whole.

If you live in the Midwest, and need physical therapy, based on what I learned from my friend Noah, I would recommend Accelerated Physical Therapy. And if you live in Indianapolis, or more specifically Carmel, then give Noah’s facility a try!

And if you don’t live in that area, keep your eyes peeled for others doing great work at caring for people, and share their story with your friends and neighbors.

No comments: